Chunks of chicken tossed in a thick french onion gravy loaded with sautéed Vidalia onions and melted Swiss cheese. This is great served over slices of french bread, egg noodles or rice.
This French Onion Chicken Skillet is a delicious weeknight dinner that is a play on French onion soup and packed with protein, making it a full meal. This will become one of your favorite chicken skillet recipes!
Saucy one pan French Onion Chicken with juicy pan-seared chicken smothered in caramelized onion gravy and three kinds of melty Italian cheese. This 30-minute meal will be a staple in your house!
This Skillet French Onion Chicken is made with juicy chicken breasts topped with caramelized onions, two kinds of Ooey Gooey melted cheese, in a rich velvety sauce. Plus it is all made in one skillet which makes it so easy!
- 2 pounds Vidalia onions, sliced
- Two pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, oven-proof pan or skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until softened and caramelized.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until darkened, but not burned.
- Remove onions from heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Heat remaining olive oil in skillet and raise heat to medium-high.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, thyme and sage, then place in skillet and sear on both sides until golden brown. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- Pour beef broth into skillet and bring mixture to a boil, scraping up stuck bits from the bottom of pan.
- Return heat to medium-low and whisk in flour, stirring until smooth. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until mixture has thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Return chicken and onions to pan, stir together with beef gravy, then top with grated swiss cheese.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot. Enjoy!
Chewy Keto Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Crunchy Chicken Fingers Recipe
Chicken fingers with crunchy chip coating. Great with bbq sauce. My 3 year old helps crush the chips. Very easy to make!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Mix egg beat and milk in a shallow dish or bowl; place crushed chips in a separate shallow dish or bowl. Dip chicken first in egg mixture, then in crushed chips to coat. Place coated chicken on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes; turn sides and bake for another 10 minutes.
Grilled Cassava Flour Pizza Crust
Grilled paleo pizza that is super fun and an interactive meal. Top with your favorite toppings.
Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly grease the grate.
Mix water, coconut sugar, and yeast in a measuring cup until well combined. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes. Add avocado oil, salt, and Italian seasoning; stir well.
Combine cassava flour, arrowroot powder, and gelatin in a bowl. Pour in yeast mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add more cassava flour as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.
Divide dough into 4 equal portions; knead and shape into balls. Dust a piece of parchment paper with arrowroot powder; place 1 dough ball on top and generously dust the top. Cover with another piece of parchment paper; roll out into a 4-inch pizza crust. Repeat this step with remaining dough balls.
Remove top parchment paper. Grease top of each crust with coconut cooking spray; flip and place crusts on the grill, greased-size down. Cook until golden brown, about 7 minutes.