Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole is everything you love about a traditional cabbage roll recipe, minus the tedious work of rolling each roll. This cabbage roll casserole is made with delicious beef rice filling and tender melt in your mouth cabbage leaves. The presentation is spot on, too!
Cabbage Roll Casserole is an easy family favorite. It combines all the delicious flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls with a lot less time and effort. This delectable casserole makes eight healthy servings and leftovers heat perfectly in the microwave.
Cabbage Roll Casserole combines layers of meat sauce, rice and cabbage all topped with cheese and baked in the oven! Your family will absolutely love this adaptation of the classic cabbage roll!
Cabbage Roll Casserole is so easy to prepare that it is perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (24 oz) jars marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium head (2 lbs) cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is cooked through.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Drain grease and stir in 1 jar of the marinara sauce, along with the thyme, dill, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in bacon and rice and remove from heat.
- Line baking dish with a third of the cabbage.
- Evenly top with half of the meat/rice mixture.
- Top with another third of the cabbage, remaining meat mixture, and final third of the cabbage.
- Pour remaining jar of marinara sauce over the top.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, top with cheese and bake until cheese is bubbly and melted, 10-12 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Chewy Keto Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Crunchy Chicken Fingers Recipe
Chicken fingers with crunchy chip coating. Great with bbq sauce. My 3 year old helps crush the chips. Very easy to make!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Mix egg beat and milk in a shallow dish or bowl; place crushed chips in a separate shallow dish or bowl. Dip chicken first in egg mixture, then in crushed chips to coat. Place coated chicken on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes; turn sides and bake for another 10 minutes.
Grilled Cassava Flour Pizza Crust
Grilled paleo pizza that is super fun and an interactive meal. Top with your favorite toppings.
Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly grease the grate.
Mix water, coconut sugar, and yeast in a measuring cup until well combined. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes. Add avocado oil, salt, and Italian seasoning; stir well.
Combine cassava flour, arrowroot powder, and gelatin in a bowl. Pour in yeast mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add more cassava flour as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.
Divide dough into 4 equal portions; knead and shape into balls. Dust a piece of parchment paper with arrowroot powder; place 1 dough ball on top and generously dust the top. Cover with another piece of parchment paper; roll out into a 4-inch pizza crust. Repeat this step with remaining dough balls.
Remove top parchment paper. Grease top of each crust with coconut cooking spray; flip and place crusts on the grill, greased-size down. Cook until golden brown, about 7 minutes.