Black Forest Texas Sheet Cake Recipe combines chocolate cake with cherries and is topped with a smooth chocolate icing that’s to die for!
In a word, this black forest sheet cake is epic. Black forest cake (traditionally chocolate cake paired with a sweet cherry filling and whipped cream) gets a summer makeover into a sheet cake that’s perfect for a crowd!
This Black Forest Poke Cake is a gooey chocolate cake filled with hot fudge and cherry pie filling. It is topped with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Rich (but easy to make) chocolate sheet cake topped with loads of sweet cherries, whipped cream, and shaved chocolate.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 24 oz frozen pitted cherries, thawed
For the frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Shaved chocolate, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in cocoa powder.
- Once melted, stir in boiling water and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, 1 cup of the white sugar, the brown sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour chocolate into dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Add buttermilk mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- While cake bakes, combine the cherries and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spoon cherry mixture over cooked cake (you don’t need to use all of the syrup).
- Let cool to room temperature.
- While cake and cherries cool, make frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing on low in between additions.
- Add cream and beat on medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Dollop frosting over cherries and spread out.
- Top with chocolate shavings, chill for 20 minutes before slicing.
Iced Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
Wonderful spicy iced pumpkin cookies that both kids and adults love!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.
Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake Recipe
This recipe becomes a favorite as soon as it is tasted. It was once referred to as ‘sinfully rich and velvety smooth’. Best if made a day before serving.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter one 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
Combine the chocolate wafer crumbs, softened butter, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and the cinnamon. Mix well and press mixture into the buttered springform pan, set aside.
In a medium sized bowl beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup white sugar mixing until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat at low speed until very smooth.
Melt the 8 ounces semisweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons whipping cream in a pan or bowl set over boiling water, stir until smooth.
Add chocolate mixture to cream cheese mixture and blend well. Stir in sour cream, salt, coffee, 1/4 cup coffee liqueur, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake in the center of oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Center will be soft but will firm up when chilled. Do not over bake. Leave cake in oven with the heat turned off and the door ajar for 45 minutes. Remove cake from oven and chill for 12 hours. Just before serving top cake with mounds of flavored whipped cream and garnish with chocolate leaves. Yields 16 servings.
To Make Flavored Whipped Cream: Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form, then beat in confectioner’s sugar and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur.
To Make Chocolate Leaves: Melt 1 ounce semisweet chocolate in a pan or bowl set over boiling water, stir until smooth. Brush real non-toxic plant leaves (such as orange leaves) on one side with melted chocolate. Freeze until firm and then peel off leaves. Freeze chocolate leaves until needed.
Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
This is a wonderful pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust. The gingersnap really does make a difference.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed gingersnap cookies, pecans, and butter. Press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake crust 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture. Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the remaining mixture.
Spread the pumpkin flavored batter into the crust, and drop the plain batter by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool before removing pan rim. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.